St.Wilfrid’s is the Church of England ( i.e. “Anglican,” or “Episcopalian”) Parish Church for Northenden, a district in the Wythenshawe area of south Manchester, UK.
Our aim is to honour God as we worship him, using both traditional and modern C of E forms of service; to share the good news of what Jesus Christ taught about life, God, and our relationship with him, and what he achieved for us through his death and resurrection; to offer support, spiritual or practical, to people in times of need or crisis, and in the normal routine and adventure of living; to encourage people to serve God in and through their daily lives, whether in their church activities, or in their “normal” life in work, family and community; to help people grasp more clearly the Christian understanding of life, the world and everything, through discussion and teaching.
Prayer for the month
Almighty and everlasting God,
you hate nothing that you have created,
and you forgive the sins of all those who repent;
create and make in us new and contrite hearts,
so that we may recognise where we go wrong,
and feel heartfelt sorrow for it,
and may acknowledge our moral and spiritual poverty without you,
so that we may receive from you, the God of all mercy,
complete forgiveness and peace of mind;
Through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord.
Based on the prayer for Ash Wednesday in our prayer books.
• March 2014 CONCORD Parish Magazine is available to download.
• Saturday March 29th - Coffee Morning in the Church Hall.
• Sunday March 30th - 10:30 am Mothering Sunday Family Service.
• Advance Notice: Sunday April 27th Church Annual Meeting and PCC elections after
shortened morning service.
• From 26th January 2014 Sunday Club will be held in the Church Hall alongside Scramblers,
not in the Rectory.
• High Speed Trains 100 feet under Northenden - HS2 plans have been published, if
you wish to
see the maps please go to section “Route section HSM28 Winterbottom to Ardwick” and
select maps HSM28 Key Plan, Profile Sheet 6 or Profile Sheet 7 or click the links
shown to open the map files. You will need to zoom in to see the street detail.
• Scramblers dates - click here.
• Coffee Mornings will normally be on the last Saturday of the month ~ but watch
the monthly diary slot.
•Don’t forget to “Drop in” between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm’ish… St.Wilfrid’s church is
open most Sunday afternoons from 2.00 pm until Dusk, for prayer, visiting, enquiries,
ancestor hunting, &c.