St.Wilfrid’s is the Church of England ( i.e. “Anglican,” or “Episcopalian”) Parish Church for Northenden, a district in the Wythenshawe area of south Manchester, UK.
Our aim is to honour God as we worship him, using both traditional and modern C of E forms of service; to share the good news of what Jesus Christ taught about life, God, and our relationship with him, and what he achieved for us through his death and resurrection; to offer support, spiritual or practical, to people in times of need or crisis, and in the normal routine and adventure of living; to encourage people to serve God in and through their daily lives, whether in their church activities, or in their “normal” life in work, family and community; to help people grasp more clearly the Christian understanding of life, the world and everything, through discussion and teaching.
Prayer for the month
O God, who have prepared for those who love you
such good things as pass human understanding;
pour into our hearts such a love towards you,
that loving you above all things
we may receive your promises,
which exceed all that we can long for or deserve.
Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
• August 2015 CONCORD Parish Magazine is available to download.
• Next St. Wilfrid’s Church Open Days will be Sat/Sun 12th/13th September but the
tower will be open on Sunday 30th August (boat race day).
• The Rector’s booklet, ‘We Will Remember Them’, is available from the Church. It
prints articles from CONCORD about WW1 casualties recognised in the churchyard, with
more information and colour photographs. It now includes the full list of our 1914
- 19 war graves, and new sections based on the most recent editions of CONCORD.
Price (further revised edition) £2.25
• Thoughts of Marriage? Please view, save or print our new Wedding Flier with some
basic information to help you decide.
• Scramblers dates - click here.
• Coffee Mornings will normally be on the last Saturday of the month ~ but watch
the monthly diary slot.
•Don’t forget to “Drop in” between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm’ish… St.Wilfrid’s church is
open most Sunday afternoons from 2.00 pm until Dusk, for prayer, visiting, enquiries,
ancestor hunting, &c.