St.Wilfrid’s is the Church of England ( i.e. “Anglican,” or “Episcopalian”) Parish Church for Northenden, a district in the Wythenshawe area of south Manchester, UK.
Our aim is to honour God as we worship him, using both traditional and modern C of E forms of service; to share the good news of what Jesus Christ taught about life, God, and our relationship with him, and what he achieved for us through his death and resurrection; to offer support, spiritual or practical, to people in times of need or crisis, and in the normal routine and adventure of living; to encourage people to serve God in and through their daily lives, whether in their church activities, or in their “normal” life in work, family and community; to help people grasp more clearly the Christian understanding of life, the world and everything, through discussion and teaching.
Prayer for the month
When the King of all creation had a cradle on the Earth
holy was the human body, holy was the human birth;
who can tell what other cradle high above the milky way
still may rock the King of Heaven on another Christmas Day?
I will praise the Son of Mary, brother of my blood and bone;
God above, man below; holy is the name I know.
A Carol of the Universe ~ Sydney Carter Amen.
Christmas Eve 11:30 pm Midnight Communion Service
Christmas Day 8:00 am Holy Communion
10:30 am Family Communion & Carols
• December 2014 CONCORD Parish Magazine is available to download.
• Thoughts of Marriage? Please view, save or print our new Wedding Flier with some
basic information to help you decide.
• A “Watkin Walk” in Northenden ~ Click here to read a suggested historical walk
by Greg Forster.
• From 26th January 2014 Sunday Club will be held in the Church Hall alongside Scramblers,
not in the Rectory.
• High Speed Trains 100 feet under Northenden - HS2 plans have been published, if
you wish to
see the maps please go to section “Route section HSM28 Winterbottom to Ardwick” and
select maps HSM28 Key Plan, Profile Sheet 6 or Profile Sheet 7 or click the links
shown to open the map files. You will need to zoom in to see the street detail.
• Scramblers dates - click here.
• Coffee Mornings will normally be on the last Saturday of the month ~ but watch
the monthly diary slot.
•Don’t forget to “Drop in” between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm’ish… St.Wilfrid’s church is
open most Sunday afternoons from 2.00 pm until Dusk, for prayer, visiting, enquiries,
ancestor hunting, &c.