St.Wilfrid’s is the Church of England ( i.e. “Anglican,” or “Episcopalian”) Parish Church for Northenden, a district in the Wythenshawe area of south Manchester, UK.
Our aim is to honour God as we worship him, using both traditional and modern C of E forms of service; to share the good news of what Jesus Christ taught about life, God, and our relationship with him, and what he achieved for us through his death and resurrection; to offer support, spiritual or practical, to people in times of need or crisis, and in the normal routine and adventure of living; to encourage people to serve God in and through their daily lives, whether in their church activities, or in their “normal” life in work, family and community; to help people grasp more clearly the Christian understanding of life, the world and everything, through discussion and teaching.
Lord God, our king of glory,
you exalted your one and only Son, our Lord Jesus Christ,
with great triumph to your kingdom in heaven.
We pray that you will not leave us your church unsupported,
but send your Holy Spirit to strengthen and guide us on earth,
and raise us to that place where our Saviour has gone ahead.
Through him, who is alive and reigns with you and the Holy
Spirit, one God, now and in all eternity. Amen.
(Based on the collect for the Sunday before Whitsun)
• May 2015 CONCORD Parish Magazine is available to download.
• Friday 8th May at 3:00pm Northenden War Memorial, Palatine Road, a ceremony to
commemorate the end of war in Europe, 1945.
• 10th - 16th May - Christian Aid Week.
• Friday 22nd May at 7:30 pm - The Russian Vocal Ensemble LYRA will be returning
to the area for a Wythenshawe Churches concert at St. Luke’s Church, Brownley Road,
Benchill. Tickets £5 (accompanied children FREE) and interval refreshments included.
• The Rector’s booklet, ‘We Will Remember Them’, is available from the Church. It
prints articles from CONCORD about WW1 casualties recognised in the churchyard, with
more information and colour photographs. It now includes the full list of our 1914
- 19 war graves,
and new sections based on the most recent editions of CONCORD.
Price (further revised edition) £2.25
• Thoughts of Marriage? Please view, save or print our new Wedding Flier with some
basic information to help you decide.
• Scramblers dates - click here.
• Coffee Mornings will normally be on the last Saturday of the month ~ but watch
the monthly diary slot.
•Don’t forget to “Drop in” between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm’ish… St.Wilfrid’s church is
open most Sunday afternoons from 2.00 pm until Dusk, for prayer, visiting, enquiries,
ancestor hunting, &c.