St.Wilfrid’s is the Church of England ( i.e. “Anglican,” or “Episcopalian”) Parish Church for Northenden, a district in the Wythenshawe area of south Manchester, UK.
Our aim is to honour God as we worship him, using both traditional and modern C of E forms of service; to share the good news of what Jesus Christ taught about life, God, and our relationship with him, and what he achieved for us through his death and resurrection; to offer support, spiritual or practical, to people in times of need or crisis, and in the normal routine and adventure of living; to encourage people to serve God in and through their daily lives, whether in their church activities, or in their “normal” life in work, family and community; to help people grasp more clearly the Christian understanding of life, the world and everything, through discussion and teaching.
Prayer for the month
Lord of generosity and hope, the source of all good things,
we thank you for the many benefits which we enjoy,
not least our food and other material goods.
And we pray to you for those who lack these things,
in our own country and overseas, and pray that through our
actions and those of governments and aid agencies,
these shortcomings may be met.
We pray too for a just sharing of the riches of our world,
And a wise restraint in the exploitation of its resources.
For your honour and glory’s sake. Amen.
• October 2014 CONCORD Parish Magazine is available to download.
• On Wednesday October 15th at 7:30 pm - there will be a concert in the church given
by the Palatine Wind Quintet in aid of the Booth Centre.
• Thoughts of Marriage? Please view, save or print our new Wedding Flier with some
basic information to help you decide.
• A “Watkin Walk” in Northenden ~ Click here to read a suggested historical walk
by Greg Forster.
• From 26th January 2014 Sunday Club will be held in the Church Hall alongside Scramblers,
not in the Rectory.
• High Speed Trains 100 feet under Northenden - HS2 plans have been published, if
you wish to
see the maps please go to section “Route section HSM28 Winterbottom to Ardwick” and
select maps HSM28 Key Plan, Profile Sheet 6 or Profile Sheet 7 or click the links
shown to open the map files. You will need to zoom in to see the street detail.
• Scramblers dates - click here.
• Coffee Mornings will normally be on the last Saturday of the month ~ but watch
the monthly diary slot.
•Don’t forget to “Drop in” between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm’ish… St.Wilfrid’s church is
open most Sunday afternoons from 2.00 pm until Dusk, for prayer, visiting, enquiries,
ancestor hunting, &c.