St.Wilfrid’s is the Church of England ( i.e. “Anglican,” or “Episcopalian”) Parish Church for Northenden, a district in the Wythenshawe area of south Manchester, UK.
Our aim is to honour God as we worship him, using both traditional and modern C of E forms of service; to share the good news of what Jesus Christ taught about life, God, and our relationship with him, and what he achieved for us through his death and resurrection; to offer support, spiritual or practical, to people in times of need or crisis, and in the normal routine and adventure of living; to encourage people to serve God in and through their daily lives, whether in their church activities, or in their “normal” life in work, family and community; to help people grasp more clearly the Christian understanding of life, the world and everything, through discussion and teaching.
Prayer for the month
Almighty God, who have taught us
that love is the fulfilment of your law;
inspire and strengthen in us
such a love towards each other in families, and communities,
and towards you, our God and father,
that we honour you through our actions and attitudes.
Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
• February 2015 CONCORD Parish Magazine is available to download.
• Thoughts of Marriage? Please view, save or print our new Wedding Flier with some
basic information to help you decide.
• A “Watkin Walk” in Northenden ~ Click here to read a suggested historical walk
by Greg Forster.
• Ash Wednesday evening Communion, 7.30pm.
• The Rector’s booklet, ‘We Will Remember Them’, is available from the Church. It
prints articles from CONCORD about WW1 casualties recognised in the churchyard, with
more information and colour photographs. It now includes the full list of our 1914
- 19 war graves,
and new sections based on the most recent editions of CONCORD.
Price (further revised edition) £2.25
• High Speed Trains 100 feet under Northenden - HS2 plans have been published, if
you wish to
see the maps please go to section “Route section HSM28 Winterbottom to Ardwick” and
select maps HSM28 Key Plan, Profile Sheet 6 or Profile Sheet 7 or click the links
shown to open the map files. You will need to zoom in to see the street detail.
• Scramblers dates - click here.
• Coffee Mornings will normally be on the last Saturday of the month ~ but watch
the monthly diary slot.
•Don’t forget to “Drop in” between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm’ish… St.Wilfrid’s church is
open most Sunday afternoons from 2.00 pm until Dusk, for prayer, visiting, enquiries,
ancestor hunting, &c.