St.Wilfrid’s is the Church of England ( i.e. “Anglican,” or “Episcopalian”) Parish Church for Northenden, a district in the Wythenshawe area of south Manchester, UK.
Our aim is to honour God as we worship him, using both traditional and modern C of E forms of service; to share the good news of what Jesus Christ taught about life, God, and our relationship with him, and what he achieved for us through his death and resurrection; to offer support, spiritual or practical, to people in times of need or crisis, and in the normal routine and adventure of living; to encourage people to serve God in and through their daily lives, whether in their church activities, or in their “normal” life in work, family and community; to help people grasp more clearly the Christian understanding of life, the world and everything, through discussion and teaching.
Almighty and everlasting God,
by whose Spirit the whole body of the church
is governed and sanctified:
Hear our prayers
which we offer for all your faithful people,
that all in their various vocations and ministries
may serve you in holiness and truth,
to the glory of your name;
Through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
• June 2015 CONCORD Parish Magazine is available to download.
• Sat 13th June 11:00 am - 1:30 pm Summer Fair in the Church Hall.
• Saturday 20th June, 12 noon till 6.00pm and Sunday 21st June 2.00 till 6.00pm -
Church Open Days… a chance to look around the church, investigate Northenden’s history
(and perhaps your own), climb the tower and look at displays and church records of
baptisms, marriages and burials.
• The Rector’s booklet, ‘We Will Remember Them’, is available from the Church. It
prints articles from CONCORD about WW1 casualties recognised in the churchyard, with
more information and colour photographs. It now includes the full list of our 1914
- 19 war graves,
and new sections based on the most recent editions of CONCORD.
Price (further revised edition) £2.25
• Thoughts of Marriage? Please view, save or print our new Wedding Flier with some
basic information to help you decide.
• Scramblers dates - click here.
• Coffee Mornings will normally be on the last Saturday of the month ~ but watch
the monthly diary slot.
•Don’t forget to “Drop in” between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm’ish… St.Wilfrid’s church is
open most Sunday afternoons from 2.00 pm until Dusk, for prayer, visiting, enquiries,
ancestor hunting, &c.