St.Wilfrid’s is the Church of England ( i.e. “Anglican,” or “Episcopalian”) Parish Church for Northenden, a district in the Wythenshawe area of south Manchester, UK.
Our aim is to honour God as we worship him, using both traditional and modern C of E forms of service; to share the good news of what Jesus Christ taught about life, God, and our relationship with him, and what he achieved for us through his death and resurrection; to offer support, spiritual or practical, to people in times of need or crisis, and in the normal routine and adventure of living; to encourage people to serve God in and through their daily lives, whether in their church activities, or in their “normal” life in work, family and community; to help people grasp more clearly the Christian understanding of life, the world and everything, through discussion and teaching.
Prayer for the month
Almighty and everlasting God,
who in your tender love towards mankind
sent your Son our saviour Jesus Christ
to take upon him our human nature to the full,
and to suffer death upon the cross ~
grant that we may follow the example
of his patience and humility
and also come to share in his resurrection;
Through Jesus Christ our Lord himself.
Based on the prayer for Palm Sunday in our prayer books.
• April 2014 CONCORD Parish Magazine is available to download.
• Christian Aid Week - 11th to 18th May
• Sunday April 27th 11:30 am - Church Annual Meeting and PCC elections after shortened
• From 26th January 2014 Sunday Club will be held in the Church Hall alongside Scramblers,
not in the Rectory.
• High Speed Trains 100 feet under Northenden - HS2 plans have been published, if
you wish to
see the maps please go to section “Route section HSM28 Winterbottom to Ardwick” and
select maps HSM28 Key Plan, Profile Sheet 6 or Profile Sheet 7 or click the links
shown to open the map files. You will need to zoom in to see the street detail.
• Scramblers dates - click here.
• Coffee Mornings will normally be on the last Saturday of the month ~ but watch
the monthly diary slot.
•Don’t forget to “Drop in” between 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm’ish… St.Wilfrid’s church is
open most Sunday afternoons from 2.00 pm until Dusk, for prayer, visiting, enquiries,
ancestor hunting, &c.